This week has been a pretty tough one in terms of stress, and I’ve found myself feeling a bit down as of late. Sometimes I think life can get a bit much, and work can squeeze between the cracks and infiltrate your time and thoughts even at home. It’s so important at times like these to take some time for yourself, gather your thoughts and try to put yourself first. My therapy this week has been no make-up, pjs, baths filled with Lush products, and plenty of cuddles with hubby and cats. Oh, and perhaps a little retail therapy to cheer myself up too – hey, it is summer sale season after all!
1. A start made to our new gallery wall in the living room! We have changed our living room around quite a bit lately, and have had a big, bare wall behind our tv for ages now. So I finally dragged myself down to Ikea and picked out some frames and a couple of prints. Now we’ve just got to choose some of our own photos to get printed and put up in pride of place!
2. A gorgeous minty green bath courtesy of Lush’s Intergalatic bath bomb, accompanied by a delicious orchid and sweet coconut scented candle and a bit of ‘His Dark Materials’. Bliss.
3. I’m not gonna lie. I spent a good chunk of this month’s wages in the Fat Face sale. But just look at these gorgeous pyjama bottoms, I mean come on, they have tea and biscuits printed on them, I needed them!
4. A trip to Oxford to meet my cousin Emma, and to have a wander around the Oxford University Botanical Gardens (and peruse a few sales on the high street…).
5. Whilst in Oxford, I just couldn’t resist a quick trip back to my favourite stationery store, Scriptum. If you haven’t already, you can read about this gorgeous little place right here!