1. The 1st October finally arriving, and Autumnal colours spreading through the country, as if Mother Nature has been out in the dead of night brushing the leaves with watercolour.
2. Payday drinks after work with friends – I had to be sensible as I was driving, but the Rum Festival at Southampton University meant that there was all sorts of exciting things on the menu!
3. Preparing a list of Hallowe’en movies to watch throughout the month in the evenings by candlelight. ‘The Craft’ anyone?
4. One bad thing – getting to the final ever episode of Ripper Street, needing a strong pot of tea and not having anything left to watch. Good thing – looking out for an exciting new tv series to get our teeth into. Any recommendations? We’re currently re-watching Prison Break, and thinking of starting Poldark.
5. Lunch out at the prestigious restaurant ‘The Pig‘ in Brockenhurst, in the middle of the New Forest. My parents visited from the Isle of Wight and we treated ourselves to lunch here. The restaurant is spectacularly beautiful, with a gorgeous conservatory overlooking the grounds, and a rustic charm to the decor.