1. Getting to grips with my new role as Web and Social Media Manager for Creative Countryside magazine. I’ve followed Creative Countryside since stumbling across it on The Salty Sea Blog, and absolutely adore the ethos of the brand. It’s all about living off the land, being creative and immersed in nature. Eleanor has done a fantastic job at getting CC out there to the world whilst juggling a young family, and I’m super proud to be a part of something so wholesome and beautiful.
2. Celebrating Halloween / Samhain. As I grow older, I have begun to understand the importance behind celebrations, and the importance of spending time with those you love, as opposed to spending lots of money on commercial items. We carved pumpkins, lit candles, remembered those no longer here, and enjoyed a peaceful Samhain.
3. In the spirit of Halloween however, we have been binge-watching Stranger Things 2, for a little Autumn spookiness. It took us a couple of episodes to get back into it, but we’ve become once again hooked, and will in all likelihood have finished it by early next week!
4. This lovely refreshing shower gel from Anatomicals in October’s Birchbox, highlighting some very important advice – check yourself regularly for lump and bumps and other things that aren’t quite right. And if you can do that whilst smelling deliciously like melon, even better!
5. Taking a leaf (literally!) out of the Creative Countryside Journal and making a wreath from the plants in our garden. I spent a few hours out in the garden today, sweeping leaves (an unending task in Autumn!) and cutting back plants that have come to the end of their flowering season.
I used hydrangea heads (which hopefully will dry out), rosemary clippings and rose hips.