You may have noticed the radio silence on here the past two weeks – that’s because we’ve been on holiday! We just got back from sunny Florida this weekend, and have arrived to a cold, grey England.
Already missing the sunshine and excitement of Disney and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal – please can we just go back??
The good thing about coming home at this time of year however, is that we got to come back to Christmassy scenes everywhere, and could look forward to putting up our decorations – have yours gone up yet?
1. Getting to see Cinderella’s castle all lit up and sparkly in the evening at Disney’s Magic Kingdom park. Is there anything more magical?
2. Visiting one of my favourite places, Hogsmeade, at Universal Studios. And getting to see it decorated for Christmas. And being able to see the light show on Hogwarts Castle after dark. And consuming copious amounts of frozen Butterbeer. What dreams are made of.
3. Going on our first ever airboat ride through swamp land, and getting to witness alligators in their natural environment. This was an incredible experience, and we are so glad that we decided to do it.
4. Witnessing some of the most spectacular sunsets throughout our trip. Typically we were often driving or heading in the wrong direction to actually photograph them, but again, I was glad to just sit and enjoy the beauty that our natural world offers.
5. Getting home to our pusscats and putting up our Christmas tree! Unfortunately, in all of the excitement, I didn’t take a picture of it (is that a blogging/social media sin??), but I’m sure I’ll get round to it next week :-)
Blog posts and vlogs from our trip to Florida coming shortly! We hope you’re all well and are getting into the festive spirit now – only 22 sleeps to go!